Tip: Save leftover pesto to use as a spread on sandwiches (like our pear and prosciutto panini!)
- 1/3 bunch kale, ribs removed (about 7 cups)
- 1 300-g pkg pappardelle pasta
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Boil a large pot of water. Chop kale into smaller pieces, then add to boiling water. Cook for 30 sec. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and transfer to a strainer, then rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Cook pappardelle, following package directions but omitting salt, until tender, 10 to 12 min.
- Whirl kale with Parmesan, walnuts, edamame, garlic and salt in a food processor until finely chopped. Season with fresh pepper. With motor still running, slowly add oil, stopping and scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula when necessary.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Scrape pesto into pasta and stir until coated. If pasta is dry, add pasta water, 1 tbsp at a time, until creamy. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and additional walnuts.
Originally published in the November 2016 issue of Walmart Live Better.
This article has not been rated yet.